Skip to content
News and updates about community outreach and events we organized or took part.
- Spring 2020 public workshops (online due to COVID) introducing participants to various methods to interpret ‘runaway ads’. See the website with resources about the workshops.
- Fall 2019 public workshops to transcribe runaway ads. Read more here.
- “Mining the Mercury: Introducing The Runaway Slaves Digital Collection” (in partnership with the Barbados Archives and the Early Caribbean Digital Archive, Northeastern University, May 2019).
- Presentation at the “Careers in History, Heritage and Beyond” event (UWI Department of History and Philosophy, April 11, 2019).
- “Runaway Slave Ads as Sources for Genealogical Research” (Archives, April 13, 2019).
- TimelineJS Digital Humanities Workshop (UWI, February 1, 2019)
- Exploring Buried Pasts: Applying Ground-Penetrating Radar Technologies in Barbados (Synagogue Historic District, December 18, 2018)
- “Digitizing for Access: Promoting the Use of Our Collections” (Workshop at the National Library Service, October 30, 2018)
- Archival Arrangement and Description workshop (Workshop at the UWI Sidney Martin Library, April 6, 2018)